Silicon Imaging designs cameras thinking about the needs of different independent film makers. The SI-2K cameras combine a DCI-spec 2K sensor with the innovative " Visually Perfect ® CineForm RAW ™ codec " of CineForm, integrated in an Intel Core Duo 2 architecture.
This delivers a DTD recording platform of unprecedented image quality, 10 F-stops of dynamic range, a 7 " LCD touchscreen interface, an OLED electronic viewfinder, friendly IT connectivity (Integrated Technology), operation by batteries and up to 4 hours of recording in a notebook “hotswap”hard disk of 160GB.
The SI-2K series uses a single 2/3 " CMOS sensor of wide format, with a chip converter of 12 - bit A/D, for a simple step of "sensor to disc", minimizing the noise and maximizing the dynamic status.
The interchangeable lens design allows for the use of PL mount film lenses and other mounts, such us Nikon or C mount.
The camera “head” can be removed. This turns it into the SI-Mini version which can be remotly operated using a Gigabit Ethernet cable. This allows the camera to be placed in very small or difficult to access locations, where a professional camera, be it film or video, might never be placed.
Fractal offers the following camera set :
- SI2K camera with remote SI-Mini head integrated
- OLED electronic viewfinder
- 8,4 " touchscreen monitor for the camera operator
- Additional 7 " monitor for director or focus puller
- 19 " monitor for clients
- Batteries that allow 4 hours of autonomy
- Power source for direct work to generator / line 110v
- High resolution, close focus, mount C lens set:
- Primes: 5mm, 8mm, 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, 50mm T1.4
- Zoom lens: 10-100mm T1.8
- PL mount and Nikon mount
- Sachtler Studio80II head with Ronford standard and baby tripods plus a hi-hat
- Zacuto accesories for configurations of the SI-Mini
- Chrosziel Follow Focus round and 3 4x5.6/4x4/ filter trays
- Neutral density filters (3-6-9)
- Softedge graduated ND6, Hardedge graduated ND9 filter, OneStopTruPol 138mm round filter
- First and second camera assistant.
(Note: the camera requires of two people for its handling)